Thursday, January 2, 2014

Biggest problem of being diapered in Hawaii

While Hawaii is amazing there are a couple things that make life difficult. Like people asking me what it feels like to be living in a foreign country. Or when I get excited at Foodland (grocery store) because milk is on sale for 5 dollars. Or when it always rains on my day off. 
Well, wearing diaper in Hawaii can be difficult sometimes too. You see I've been wearing diapers on and off for a couple years now. Whenever I wanted some more I would order some Tenas from amazon. They fit my college budget and I got the free shipping that amazon is famous for, even all the way out here. Recently I've gotten a second job and I figured that with my extra money I would upgrade my diapers. Tena is a nice brand, but far from the best. So I did research by asking my fellow DLs (Diaper Lovers) and ABs (Adult Babies) to find the best diaper for I wanted to use it for. The conclusion is that Bambino Diapers are the overall best adult diapers out there. 
I quickly went to their website and found out that they offer free shipping! I ordered a sample pack and put in all my information. At the last step of the check out I see that they have a shipping charge listed. WHAT? I look at the fine print and see that they only offer free shipping on the mainland. So annoying. The shipping for the sample pack, box, and case all cost about the price of the product itself, and these diapers are expensive. Therefore I decided that the only way I would order Bambinos is if I ever go back to live on the mainland. :(
Defeated by Bambino, I searched the web for other brands that I was told were good. As I went to many different adult diaper online stores I ran into the same problem, free shipping was posted but in the small print it always said "Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii not included". 
Almost without hope I turned back to amazon. I should have started there first. I found multiple brands with free shipping, even cloth. I was so excited that I bought three different disposable brands (one new Tena that I haven't tried, Tranquility, and Abena) and a cloth diaper. About 50 diapers in all, spending what it would have cost be to buy 16 Bambinos and have them shipped here. Seriously, why did I even spend those hours looking anywhere else?

2 comments:

  1. I can sympathize with your shipping charge frustrations. I used to live in Alaska, and seeing that little asterisk after the "free shipping" used to drive me nuts.

    Now, I still have those issues, as I am a defense contractor living in Europe. When I see the "free shipping not applicable to APO/FPO", or "we don't ship to APO/FPO", that just kills me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It is such a pain when it says Free Shipping in the US, when its really only in the mainland. Thats why from now on I'm only buying my diapers from amazon. They at least offer free shipping.

      Delete