Sunday, January 5, 2014

Road Trip

It's that time of the year again. Christmas trees are out away, decorations are coming down, everyone is realizing how much weight they've gained, life is just returning to normal. 

Part of this return to normality includes all of my friends from the mainland flying back from their stay over the holidays. Normally I would be driving back and forth to the airport like 20 times; but sadly I can't this year. Working my two jobs leave all free time for sleeping. 

Well, yesterday I got a text from a friend asking if I could pick her up today at 4 pm. Lucky for her, I could. I was happy about it for two reasons. One it always feels good to help a friend and two, I absolutely love to drive, especially here. Since it was going to be my only airport run, I decided to make the best of it. 

I got off my cook job at 2:30 pm. I went home to shower and to my surprise my landlord had a plumber come in to fix the good shower in our house. Jackpot. I haven't had a good shower since I myself returned from the mainland about 2 weeks ago. After my refreshing shower I diapered up and got dressed. 

The drive down was super relaxing. I listened to my playlist of jazz and regae and I was in heaven. It was about 80 degrees F all the way down with the sun shinning. Not even a tourist almost crashing into me nor a twenty minute detour could dampen my spirit.

 I had a great drive to the airport. Then a fun drive back as I caught up with a friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment