Monday, February 17, 2014

Taxes and Etsy

It's that time of the year again, that very boring time of the year to fill out taxes. And I have to admit that this year is the first time in my life that I have filed my own taxes. You see my parents have claimed me as dependent all the way through college. I told them that if they were going to claim me as dependent, they had to do my taxes. Since I was being claimed by them, I would always get like at most $100 back, so the time it would take wouldn't even be worth it. This year though, I am going to get about $1500 back from state and federal. And that is with taking off work for 3 months for an internship. Not bad at all.

And while I have been filing, I literally just finished, I was wearing my Baby Pants Pull Up cloth diaper. I didn't really plan to wear it while doing my taxes. I just put it on this morning, and since I had a couple of hours before going to work, I figured I would just get it done. It was funny because I posted on my Facebook how I feel like an adult since I am finally doing my own taxes. What I didn't mention is that I am wearing diaper too. Maybe not too grown up yet ;)

Another funny thing happened today while wearing my diaper. I went shopping at Costco today with some friends. While going around I saw an elderly lady buying some Depends. It was just funny to think about going up to her and explain where she can buy better diapers.

Anyway, I found this website called Etsy a couple of days ago. They have a lot of custom made things. And just casually I asked one of the sellers on there if she could make a Mario themed adult cloth diaper. She has been amazing friendly and professional about it all, and in probably about 6 weeks I am going to get a red cloth diaper with an embroidered 1up mushroom on it. I am very excited about it. If the quality is good I am definately going to refer her into the diaper community.

That being said, if any of you who read this are actually into diapers, make sure to check out
https://www.etsy.com/?ref=si_home
There are a bunch of cool cloth diapers and onesies and other things like that on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment