Thursday, February 13, 2014

Day Off,

Today is my day off from work and I want to share how awesome it has been so far. It started with getting out early yesterday. We cleaned fast enough after closing that we got out a full half hour early. After work I headed over to the pool to swim some laps. Because I had the extra time, I ended up doubling my workout routine, including swimming a half mile nonstop. Felt really good afterwards, though I am a little sore today.

Anyway, after swimming I came home to shower off all the chlorine. Then I started my laundry, and since I was the only one home, I decided it was time to try my new cloth diaper, a Leak Master prefold. Before I got this one, and I'll write a review about it later, I only had the Baby Pants pull up style cloth diaper. This Leak Master is a prefold style, meaning I had to use safety pins to put it on. It was really hard to do by myself. First off the size is kinda small on me, I probably should have gotten the large instead of the medium. But seriously it was really hard to put it on, even with tips from various people online. I think over time I will get better at it.

Once again though I was impressed with how comfortable it was. If anyone out there reading this is a AB/DL and hasn't tried out cloth diapers, I strongly recommend giving it a try. They are better on the environment and your wallet. Think about it, instead of throwing away your diaper after using it, you just put it in the wash and its good to go again.

Back to my night. So after I finally got this diaper on, I played some Super Smash Bros, put away my laundry, and went to bed. Sadly it was raining before I went to sleep. I figured, alright we got 2 more weeks of rain again. I was so wrong. I woke up this morning to nothing but sunshine. Since all of my roommates were at school or work, I walked around this morning in nothing but my t-shirt and diaper with plastic pants on. It was kinda fun. I ate a Costco muffin for breakfast, changed, and headed out to the beach to enjoy the sunshine. Waves were a little weaker than I hoped they would be, but after swimming I took a 30 minute nap in the sun, and that felt amazing.

After the beach I came home and called my dad because its his birthday. Then I started working on a dessert for tomorrow. You see the majority of the guys that I live with are single so we decided to have a Super Smash Bros party. Everyone is gonna bring some food, and I am gonna kick their butts because the 64 is MY system. They just don't know it yet.

Anyway, like I said, I have been working on this dessert, for about 4 hours now. Its an ice cream cake kind of. The recipe is for what is called Grasshopper's Pie, but I am doing it a little bit differently. First off, I am Mormon and I don't drink, so there is no alcohol in it. Also, since it is Valentine's Day tomorrow, I used strawberry ice cream instead of mint chocolate chip. So I am calling it Lady Bug's Pie. Right now I have finished the crust, ice cream, frosting, and cool whip. I am just waiting for the cool whip to freeze so I can add some chocolate shavings and chocolate chips on top. It is going to be amazing.

And it just started raining, so glad I went to the beach at the beginning of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment